Numerical analysis of gradient index lens-based optical coherence tomography imaging probes
Cited 9 times inCited 16 times in
- Numerical analysis of gradient index lens-based optical coherence tomography imaging probes
- Jung, Woonggyu; Benalcazar, Wladimir; Ahmad, Adeel; Sharma, Utkarsh; Tu, Haohua; Boppart, Stephen A.
- endoscopic imaging probe; gradient index lens; optical coherence tomography
- Issue Date
- SPIE-SOC PHOTO-OPTICAL INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERS
- JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL OPTICS, v.15, no.6, pp. -
- We report the numerical analysis of gradient index (GRIN) lens-based optical coherence tomography imaging probes to derive optimal design parameters. Long and short working distance probes with a small focal spot are considered. In each model, the working distance and beam waist are characterized and compared for different values of length and refractive index of the probe components. We also explore the influence of the outer tubing and refractive index of the sample media. Numerical results show that the adjustment of the maximum beam diameter and focusing angle at the end of the GRIN lens surface is very important for determining the optical performance parameters of the probe.
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.