Photoresponse enhancement of plasmonic terahertz wave detector based on asymmetric silicon MOSFETs with antenna integration
Cited 1 times inCited 2 times in
- Photoresponse enhancement of plasmonic terahertz wave detector based on asymmetric silicon MOSFETs with antenna integration
- Ryu, Min Woo; Lee, Jeong Seop; Park, Kibog; Park, Wook-Ki; Han, Seong-Tae; Kim, Kyung Rok
- Issue Date
- JAPAN SOC APPLIED PHYSICS
- JAPANESE JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.53, no.4, pp.04EJ05
- We report the experiments of a plasmonic terahertz (THz) wave detector based on silicon (Si) field-effect transistors (FETs) in the nonresonant sub- THz (0.2 THz) regime. To investigate the effects of the overdamped charge asymmetry on responsivity (RV), a FET structure with the asymmetric source and drain area under the gate has been proposed. RV as a function of gate voltage in Si FET-based detectors integrated with an antenna has been successfully enhanced by the asymmetry ratio (ηa = WD/WS) of gate-overlapped drain width (WD) to source width (WS) in agreement with the nonresonant quasi-plasma wave detection theory. The experimentally measured photoresponse has been enhanced by about 36.2 times on average from various samples according to the 10-fold increase in ηa. The effect of the integrated bow-tie antenna on the performance enhancement has also been estimated as 60-fold at the maximum incident angle for the polarized THz wave source.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.