A Fully Integrated CMOS RF Front-End with On-Chip VCO for W-CDMA Applications
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Fully Integrated CMOS RF Front-End with On-Chip VCO for W-CDMA Applications
- Ahn, Hyung Ki; Lim, Kyoohyun; Park, Chan-Hong; Kim, Jae Joon; Kim, Beomsup
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRONICS, v.E87-C, no.6, pp.1047 - 1053
- A fully integrated RF front-end for W-CDMA applications including a low noise amplifier, a down conversion mixer, a digitally programmable gain amplifier, an on-chip VCO, and a fractional-N frequency synthesizer is designed using a 0.35-µm CMOS process. A multi-stage ring shaped on-chip LC-VCO exhibiting bandpass characteristics overcomes the limitation of low-Q components in the tank circuits and improves the phase noise performance. The measured phase noise of the on-chip VCO is -134 dBc/Hz at 1 MHz offset. The receiver RF front-end achieves a NF of 3.5 dB, an IIP3 of -16 dBm, and a maximum gain of 80 dB. The receiver consumes 52 mA with a 3-V supply and occupies only 2 mm2 die area with minimal external components.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.