Bio-Inspired Adhesive Systems for Next-Generation Green Manufacturing
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Bio-Inspired Adhesive Systems for Next-Generation Green Manufacturing
- Yi, Hoon; Hwang, Insol; Sung, Minho; Lee, Dael; Kim, Jeong-Hun; Kang, Seong Min; Bae, Won-Gyu; Jeong, Hoon Eui
- Biomimetics; Gecko; Dry adhesive; Microstructure; Precision manufacturing
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC PRECISION ENG
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRECISION ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING-GREENTECHNOLOGY, v.1, no.4, pp.347 - 351
- Inspired by the remarkable adhesion properties of gecko lizards, bio-inspired dry adhesives with smart adhesion properties have been developed in the last decade. Compared to earlier dry adhesives, the recently developed ones exhibit excellent adhesion strength, smart directional adhesion, and structural robustness. With these unique adhesion properties, bio-inspired dry adhesive pads have strong potential for use in precision industries such as semiconductor or display manufacturing. In this communication, we present a new manufacturing technology based on advanced dry adhesive systems that enable precise manipulation of large-area substrates over repeating cycles without any requirement for external force application. This new manufacturing technique is also highly accurate and environment-friendly, and thus has strong potential as a next-generation clean manufacturing technology.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.