Influence of tip bluntness on the size-dependent nanoindentation hardness
Cited 36 times inCited 39 times in
- Influence of tip bluntness on the size-dependent nanoindentation hardness
- Kim, Ju-Young; Lee, BW; Read, DT; Kwon, D
- Dislocation theory; Hardness; Nanoindentation; Tip bluntness
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.52, no.5, pp.353 - 358
- Nanoindenter tip bluntness modifies the size-dependent hardness relationship given by the Nix-Gao model. At shallow depths, fewer geometrically necessary dislocations are needed to accommodate the blunted tip. The experimentally measured ratio of plastic to total contact depth decreases and the hardness decreases relative to the idealized Nix-Gao model.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.