Coarsening Advantage of Twinned BaTiO₃ Seed Particle
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Coarsening Advantage of Twinned BaTiO₃ Seed Particle
- Jin, Hong-Ri; Jo, Wook; Hwang, Nong-Moon; Kim, Doh-Yeon
- Grain growth mechanism; BaTiO₃; Twin plane reentrant edge
- Issue Date
- Korean Ceramic Society
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.42, no.9, pp.599 - 601
- The coarsening process of two different BaTiO₃ single crystal seeds, one with a (111) double twin and the other without it, was investigated. Due to the presence of Twin Plane Reentrant Edge (TPRE), the coarsening rate of the twinned seed crystal was significantly higher than that without a twin. For the coarsening by the 2-dimensional nucleation and lateral growth, the energy barrier for nucleation at the TPRE was analyzed to be about a half compared with that at the terrace planes.
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.