Effect of the Zn content on the microstructure and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-5Sn-xZn alloys
Cited 19 times inCited 16 times in
- Effect of the Zn content on the microstructure and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-5Sn-xZn alloys
- Tang, W. N.; Park, Sung Soo; You, B. S.
- Basal textures; Extruded alloys; Fine particles; Grain size; Indirect extrusion; Microstructure and mechanical properties; Zn content
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- MATERIALS & DESIGN, v.32, no.6, pp.3537 - 3543
- Mg-5Sn-xZn alloys with varying Zn contents were subjected to indirect extrusion and the effects of the Zn content on the microstructure and mechanical properties of the as-extruded alloys were investigated. It was found that, the grain size and the basal texture are basically similar, however, the amount of fine particles consisting of Mg(2)Sn and MgZn phases increases markedly as the Zn content increases. A higher number of these particles would be responsible for the better comprehensive mechanical properties as well as a lower degree of yield asymmetry.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.