In situ electric field induced domain evolution in Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-0.3(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3ferroelectrics
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- In situ electric field induced domain evolution in Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-0.3(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3ferroelectrics
- Zakhozheva M.; Schmitt, Ljubomira Ana; Acosta, M. Vazquez; Jo, Wook; Rodel, Jurgen; Kleebe, Hans Joachim
- Domain evolution; Electric field induced; TiO
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.105, no.11, pp.1 - 4
- In this work, the lead-free Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-0.3(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3piezoelectric ceramic was investigated in situ under an applied electric field by transmission electron microscopy. Significant changes in domain morphology of the studied material have been observed under an applied electric field. During the poling process, the domain configurations disappeared, forming a single-domain state. This multi- to single-domain state transition occurred with the formation of an intermediate nanodomain state. After removing the electric field, domain configurations reappeared. Selected area electron diffraction during electrical poling gave no indication of any structural changes as for example reflection splitting. Rather, a contribution of the extrinsic effect to the piezoelectric response of the Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-0.3(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3was found to be dominant.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.