Tracking flame base movement and interaction with ignition kernels using topological methods
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Tracking flame base movement and interaction with ignition kernels using topological methods
- Mascarenhas, A.; Grout, R. W.; Yoo, Chun Sang; Chen, J. H.
- Auto-ignition; Flame stabilization; Jet flames; Radical concentration; Segmentation and tracking; Segmentation methods; Topological methods; Tracking method
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- SCIDAC 2009: SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY THROUGH ADVANCED COMPUTING, v.180, no.1, pp.1 - 7
- We segment the stabilization region in a simulation of a lifted jet flame based on its topology induced by the YOH field. Our segmentation method yields regions that correspond to the flame base and to potential auto-ignition kernels. We apply a region overlap based tracking method to follow the flame-base and the kernels over time, to study the evolution of kernels, and to detect when the kernels merge with the flame. The combination of our segmentation and tracking methods allow us observe flame stabilization via merging between the flame base and kernels; we also obtain YCH2O histories inside the kernels and detect a distinct decrease in radical concentration during transition to a developed flame.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.