Nano-scale structures of a one-dimensional junction
Cited 7 times inCited 6 times in
- Nano-scale structures of a one-dimensional junction
- Kim, Hajin; Lee, J; Song, YJ; Choi, BY; Kahng, SJ; Kuk, Y
- Carbon nanotubes; Nano-scale structures; One-dimensional junction
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- THIN SOLID FILMS, v.464, no., pp.335 - 337
- We studied the atomic and electronic structures of a one-dimensional (1-D) junction with low temperature scanning tunneling microscopy (STM). The junction smoothly connects two parts of single wall carbon nanotubes (CNTs) introducing defect structures. The two parts of the carbon nanotube are both semiconducting with the measured band gaps of 0.92 and 0.80 eV. In order to map out detailed electronic structures, we performed scanning tunneling spectroscopy (STS) measurement at the selected positions on the axis of carbon nanotubes. We observed gap states localized near the junction.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.