Open questions about polymer interfacial diffusion
Cited 5 times inCited 6 times in
- Open questions about polymer interfacial diffusion
- Granick, Steve; Bae, Sung Chul
- Diffusion; Fluorescence; Imaging; Surfaces
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE PART B-POLYMER PHYSICS, v.44, no.24, pp.3434 - 3435
- The studies related to the polymer interfacial diffusion in solution, melts, blends, and microstructured block copolymers, and the dependence of polymer dynamics on polymer chain length, chain architecture, and concentration, are presented. The dynamic light scattering provides insight into the polymer interfacial adsorption and polymer surfaced adsorption-desorption kinetics. Secondary-ion mass spectroscopy and ultra high-vacuum science is used to measure concentration profiles and diffusion in multilayer thin-films spin-coated onto solid supports. Atomic force microscopy and surface force apparatus are used to measure friction, surface forces, and diffusion in a polymer thin film. The studies are also concentrated in studying the conformations of interfacial polymers and the difference of polymer conformations from the bulk. The dependence of surface diffusion on the temperature and pressure and molecular weight is also studied.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.