Confining Potential when a Biopolymer Filament Reptates
Cited 27 times inCited 15 times in
- Confining Potential when a Biopolymer Filament Reptates
- Wang, Bo; Guan, Juan; Anthony, Stephen M; Bae, Sung Chul; Schweizer, K.S.; Granick, Steve
- Brownian motion; F-actin filaments; Fluorescence imaging; Large amplitude; Restoring forces; Single-molecule
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.104, no.11, pp. -
- Using single-molecule fluorescence imaging, we track Brownian motion perpendicular to the contour of tightly entangled F-actin filaments and extract the confining potential. The chain localization presents a small-displacement Hookean regime followed by a large amplitude regime where the effective restoring force is independent of displacement. The implied heterogeneity characterized by a distribution of tube width is modeled.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.