Triblock Colloids for Directed Self-Assembly
Cited 44 times inCited 35 times in
- Triblock Colloids for Directed Self-Assembly
- Chen, Qian; Diesel, Erich; Whitmer, Jonathan K.; Bae, Sung Chul; Luijten, Erik; Granick, Steve
- Chemical functionality; Colloidal sphere; Directed self-assembly; Functionalized; In-situ; Lattice structures; Liquid suspension; Nearest neighbors; North Pole; South pole; Spatial arrangements; Synthesis method; Triblocks
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.133, no.20, pp.7725 - 7727
- Methods for functionalizing micrometer-sized colloidal spheres with three or more zones of chemical functionality (ABA or ABC) are described. To produce ABA triblock colloids, we functionalized the north pole, south pole, and equator to produce what we call X, Y, and K functionality according to the number of allowed nearest neighbors and their spatial arrangements. These synthesis methods allowed targeting of various lattice structures whose bonding between neighboring particles in liquid suspension was visualized in situ by optical microscopy.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.