AlGaN deep ultraviolet LEDs on bulk AIN substrates
Cited 9 times inCited 9 times in
- AlGaN deep ultraviolet LEDs on bulk AIN substrates
- Ren, Zaiyuan; Sun, Q.; Kwon, Soon-Yong; Han, J.; Davitt, K.; Song, Y. K.; Nurmikko, A. V.; Liu, W.; Smart, J.; Schowalter, L.
- Bulk AlN; Deep ultra violet; Heteroepitaxial; Interrupted growth; Nitride semiconductors; Ultraviolet light emitting diodes
- Issue Date
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Physica Status Solidi (C) Current Topics in Solid State Physics, v.4, no.7, pp.2482 - 2485
- We report the growth of sub-300 nm ultraviolet light emitting diodes (UV LEDs) on bulk AlN substrates. Heteroepitaxial evolution study through interrupted growth experiments revealed that AlxGa1-xN (x > 0.5) epilayers can be grown pseudomorphically with well-defined step-flow growth mode below a certain critical thickness. The build-up of compressive strain energy eventually induces a morphological roughening followed by the admission of misfit dislocations. LEDs grown on bulk AlN substrates exhibit noticable improvement over those on sapphire in device impedance, efficiency and thermal characteristics under high-level injection, pointing to a promising substrate platform for high performance III-nitride ultraviolet optoelectronics.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.