A biopolymer composite that catalyzes the reduction of oxygen to water
Cited 28 times inCited 32 times in
- A biopolymer composite that catalyzes the reduction of oxygen to water
- Fei, Jiangfeng; Song, Hyun-Kon; Palmore, G. Tayhas R.
- Biopolymer composites; Laccases
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, v.19, no.7, pp.1565 - 1570
- A biopolymer composite consisting of polypyrrole, ABTS, and laccase (PAL) was electrodeposited onto the surface of an electrode and was shown to catalyze the reduction of dioxygen to water under acidic conditions. The catalytic activity of this biopolymer composite is highest at pH 4, decreasing with increasing pH. The activity of laccase immobilized within this polymer composite was found to be higher than laccase dissolved in solution when methanol was present or at elevated temperatures.
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.