Janus-like Protein Cages. Spatially Controlled Dual-Functional Surface Modifications of Protein Cages
Cited 24 times inCited 23 times in
- Janus-like Protein Cages. Spatially Controlled Dual-Functional Surface Modifications of Protein Cages
- Kang, Sebyung; Suci, Peter A.; Broomell, Chris C.; Iwahori, Kenji; Kobayashi, Mime; Yamashita, Ichiro; Young, Mark; Douglas, Trevor
- Directed assembly; Functional surfaces; Functionalized; Hierarchical assemblies; Higher order; Layer-by-layer assemblies; Nano-materials; Nanoscale building blocks; Protein cages; Reaction vessel; Spatial distribution
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.9, no.6, pp.2360 - 2366
- Protein cages have been used both as size-constrained reaction vessels for nanomaterials synthesis and as nanoscale building blocks for higher order nanostructures. We generated Janus-like protein cages, which are dual functionalized with a fluorescent and an affinity label, and demonstrated control over both the stoichiometry and spatial distribution of the functional groups. The capability to toposelectively functionalize protein cages has allowed us to manipulate hierarchical assembly using the layer-by-layer assembly process. Janus-like protein cages expand the toolkit of nanoplatforms that can be used for directed assembly of nanostructured materials.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.