Structure-activity relationships in NH3-SCR over Cu-SSZ-13 as probed by reaction kinetics and EPR studies
Cited 38 times inCited 21 times in
- Structure-activity relationships in NH3-SCR over Cu-SSZ-13 as probed by reaction kinetics and EPR studies
- Gao, Feng; Walter, Eric D.; Karp, Eric M.; Luo, Jinyong; Tonkyn, Russell G.; Kwak, Jahun; Szanyi, Janos; Peden, Charles H. F.
- Cu-SSZ-13; Electron paramagnetic resonance; Mass-transfer limitation; Reaction kinetics; Selective catalytic reduction; Temperature-programmed reduction
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF CATALYSIS, v.300, no., pp.20 - 29
- Cu-SSZ-13 catalysts with various Cu loadings were prepared via aqueous solution ion-exchange. The hydrated samples were characterized with Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR). Cu2+ ion coordination numbers were obtained by analyzing the hyperfine structures, while Cu-Cu distances were estimated from line broadening of the EPR features. By examining EPR and temperature-programmed reduction (TPR) results, two Cu2+ ion locations are suggested. Standard NH3-SCR, as well as non-selective NH3 oxidation reaction with O2, were carried out over these catalysts at high-space velocities. For the SCR reaction, intra-particle diffusion limitations are found. The kinetic data allow for reactant diffusivities to be estimated. However, clear structure-activity relationships for the SCR reaction cannot be derived due to this diffusion limitation. The slower NH3 oxidation reaction, on the other hand, is kinetically limited at low temperatures, and, therefore allows for a correlation between Cu2+ ion location and reaction kinetics to be made.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.