ISOLATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF 2 BETA-TUBULIN CDNA CLONES FROM RICE
Cited 12 times inCited 10 times in
- ISOLATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF 2 BETA-TUBULIN CDNA CLONES FROM RICE
- KANG, MS; CHOI, YJ; KIM, MC; LIM, CO; HWANG, I; Cho, Moo Je
- β-tubulin; cDNA; gene expression; monocot; rice
- Issue Date
- PLANT MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, v.26, no.6, pp.1975 - 1979
- Two cDNA clones encoding two different β-tubulins, RTUB-1 and RTUB-2, were isolated from a rice cDNA library and their nucleotide sequences were analyzed. The deduced amino acid sequences showed amino acid sequence identity between 92% and 97% with other plant β-tubulins. Southern blot analysis using gene-specific and coding-region probes suggested that β-tubulins in rice are encoded by multigene families. The two cDNA clones represent two subfamilies of rice tubulins. RTUB-1 and RTUB-2, consisting of 3 to 4 genes and a single gene, respectively. The transcript levels of RTUB-1 and RTUB-2 genes were higher in actively elongating tissues such as etiolated shoot tissues and light-grown root tissues of four-day old seedlings.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.