Relationship between electromechanical properties and phase diagram in the Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-x (Ba0.7Ca 0.3)TiO3 lead-free piezoceramic
Cited 10 times inCited 0 times in
- Relationship between electromechanical properties and phase diagram in the Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-x (Ba0.7Ca 0.3)TiO3 lead-free piezoceramic
- Acosta, Matias; Novak, Nikola; Jo, Wook; Rodel, Jurgen
- Electroceramic; Ferroelectric; Lead-free piezoceramics; Perovskites; Piezoelectric
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ACTA MATERIALIA, v.80, no., pp.48 - 55
- The Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3-x(Ba 0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 system was synthesized in a wide compositional range in order to study the relationship between its phase diagram and electromechanical properties. Phase transitions were marked using peaks in temperature-dependent permittivity, providing up to three transitions from the rhombohedral phase to an orthorhombic, tetragonal and finally cubic phase, which meet in a region that is termed the phase convergence region in this work. In situ small and large signal electromechanical properties were studied as a function of temperature with specific emphasis on these transitions. A small signal piezoelectric coefficient, d33, presents maximized values at the transition from the orthorhombic to the tetragonal phase, while a large signal piezoelectric coefficient, d33*, does so at both rhombohedral to orthorhombic and to tetragonal phase transitions. Maximum polarization P max was the only quantity determined that had a clear maximum at the phase convergence region.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.