Observation of Proton Transfer in 2-Aminopyridine Dimer by Electron and Mass Spectroscopy
Cited 8 times inCited 8 times in
- Observation of Proton Transfer in 2-Aminopyridine Dimer by Electron and Mass Spectroscopy
- Samoylova, Elena; Radloff, Wolfgang; Ritze, Hans-Hermann; Schultz, Thomas
- 2-Aminopyridine; Aminopyridine; Coincidence spectroscopy; Electron ions; Electron spectrum; Electron-proton transfers; Femtosecond pumps; Hydrogen-transfer reactions; Locally excited; Mass spectroscopy; Population trapping; Reaction channels; Real time; Spectroscopic evidence; Time-resolved; Ultra-fast; Vibrational energies
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A, v.113, no.29, pp.8195 - 8201
- A photoinitiated intermolecular electron-proton transfer reaction in 2-aminopyridine dimer was investigated by femtosecond pump-probe electron-ion coincidence spectroscopy and accompanying theory. Excited-state population dynamics were observed in real time by time-resolved mass spectroscopy, and the respective excited-state character of locally excited and proton/hydrogen transfer states was identified in coincident electron spectra. Two reaction channels for an ultrafast (sub-50 fis) and a slower (similar to 75 ps) proton/hydrogen transfer were observed and indicate that vibrational energy redistribution may lead to efficient population trapping in the excited state. Spectroscopic evidence of an unexpected hydrogen-transfer reaction in photoexcited aminopyridine monomer is also presented.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.