Effect of MWCNT on the performances of the rounded shape natural graphite as anode material for lithium-ion batteries
Cited 3 times inCited 5 times in
- Effect of MWCNT on the performances of the rounded shape natural graphite as anode material for lithium-ion batteries
- Lee, Sang-Young; Park, Jong Hyeok; Park, Pilkyu; Kim, Jong Hun; Ahn, Soonho; Lee, Kyeong-Jik; Lee, Hyung-Dong; Park, Jae-Sung; Kim, Deok-Hyeong; Jeong, Yeon Uk
- Anode material; Composite anodes; Cyclability; Dispersion process; Electrical contacts; Functional additives; Intercalation/deintercalation; Large strains; Lithium-ion battery; Natural graphite; Uniform dispersions; Well-dispersed
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF SOLID STATE ELECTROCHEMISTRY, v.14, no.6, pp.951 - 956
- Multi-walled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) with bundle-type morphology was introduced as a new functional additive working as a particle connector or an expansion absorber in the anodes of lithium-ion batteries. By controlling the dispersion process, the MWCNT bundles were successfully divided and dispersed between the host particles. The composite anode consisting of rounded shape natural graphite and 2 wt.% of MWCNT exhibited the capacity of 300 mAh g -1 at 3 C rate and excellent cyclability. The well-dispersed MWCNT bundles made it possible to relieve the large strains developed at high discharge C rates and to keep the electrical contact between the host particles during repeated intercalation/deintercalation. This study has also emphasized that when high C-rate applications of lithium-ion batteries are targeted, it is important to get optimum content of MWCNT as well as uniform dispersion of their bundles in the composite anodes.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.