Colloidal Synthesis of Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Semiconductor Nanocrystals
Cited 36 times inCited 29 times in
- Colloidal Synthesis of Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Semiconductor Nanocrystals
- Son, Jae Sung; Yu, Jung Ho; Kwon, Soon Gu; Lee, Jihwa; Joo, Jin; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- cadmium chalcogenide; nanocrystals; optical properties; quantum wells
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.23, no.28, pp.3214 - 3219
- 2D semiconductor quantum wells have been recognized as potential candidates for various quantum devices. In quantum wells, electrons and holes are spatially confined within a finite thickness and freely move in 2D space. Much effort has focused on shape control of colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals (NCs), and synthesis of 2D colloidal NCs has been achieved very recently. Here, recent advances in colloidal synthesis of uniform and ultrathin 2D CdSe NCs are highlighted. Structural and optical property characterization of these quantum-sized 2D CdSe NCs is discussed. Additionally, 2D CdSe NCs doped with Mn 2+ ions for dilute magnetic semiconductors (DMS) are presented. These 2D CdSe-based NCs can be used as model systems for studying quantum-well structures. 2D semiconductor quantum wells are an important candidate for use in quantum devices. Recent advances in colloidal synthesis of uniform and ultrathin 2D CdSe nanocrystals are highlighted. Characterization of the structural and optical properties of these nanocrystals is discussed.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.