An extension of the two-zone method for evaluating a fission gas release under an irradiation-induced resolution flux
Cited 0 times inCited 1 times in
- An extension of the two-zone method for evaluating a fission gas release under an irradiation-induced resolution flux
- Cheon, Jin-Sik; Koo, Yang-Hyun; Lee, Byung-Ho; Oh, Jae-Yong; Sohn, Dong-Seong
- RE-SOLUTION; UO2; MIGRATION; BOUNDARY; FUEL
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF NUCLEAR MATERIALS, v.373, no.1-3, pp.280 - 288
- This paper describes an extension of the adaptive two-zone method whose accuracy is substantially enhanced when compared to the original formulation by Matthews and Wood. A diffusive problem under the presence of an irradiation-induced resolution flux is evaluated by applying a variational principle to the diffusion equation. Prior to a gas saturation in the grain boundaries, a constraint associated with a gas balance is added to the variational equation. The spherical grain is divided into two regions whose interface is relocated as the ratio of the number of gas atoms within a grain to that generated. The distribution of the gas concentration is calculated over the grain. During the calculations, the number of degrees of freedoms is reduced to provide a profile which decreases monotonically along the radius. Numerical verifications show that the present approach is viable in computing a gas release accurately and efficiently in fuel performance codes.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.