EcoRI variant N199H has enhanced specific activity
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- EcoRI variant N199H has enhanced specific activity
- Kim, JJ; Min, Kyung-Tai; Kim, MH; Augh, SJ; Kim, BD; Lee, DS
- Site-directed mutagenesis
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- GENE, v.171, no.1, pp.129 - 130
- The Asn199 residue of the EcoRI restriction endonuclease has been replaced with other amino acids to investigate whether it mediates nucleotide recognition or catalytic activity. Cassette mutagenesis gave variants of EcoRI: N199D, N199H, N199L, N199R, N199S and N199V. Their relative cleavage rates were found to be in the following order: N199H > EcoRI (wild type; wt) > N199L > N199V > N199S > N199R > N199D. In particular, EcoRI variant N199H showed about a twofold higher specific activity than that of the wt enzyme.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.