Reactions of Fe-2(CO)(9) with azine, derivatives: Discovery of new coordination modes and reactivity of new bimetallic compounds
Cited 12 times inCited 13 times in
- Reactions of Fe-2(CO)(9) with azine, derivatives: Discovery of new coordination modes and reactivity of new bimetallic compounds
- Son, SU; Park, KH; Jung, IG; Chung, YK; Lah, Myoung Soo
- TRANSITION-METAL COMPLEXES; X-RAY-DIFFRACTION; ORGANIC-SYNTHESIS; DIENE COMPLEXES; (ETA(4)-1-AZADIENE)FE(CO)(3) COMPLEXES; TRICARBONYLIRON FRAGMENT; MOLECULAR-STRUCTURE; CRYSTAL-STRUCTURE; SYN ISOMERS; 1,3-DIENES
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ORGANOMETALLICS, v.21, no.24, pp.5366 - 5372
- Reaction of N,N'-bis-(3-phenyl-allylidene)-hydrazine (1) with Fe-2(CO)(9) was studied. When the reaction was carried out in refluxing THF, the three mononuclear compounds Fe(CO)(3)-[PhCH =CHCH=NN=CHR-trans] (3), Fe(CO)(3)-[PhCH=CHCH=NN=CHR-cis] (4), and Fe(CO)(3)[PhCH=CHCH=N=CHR] (5; R = -CH=CHPh) were obtained. In refluxing toluene, the novel dinuclear compound Fe(CO)(3)[PhCH=CHCH=NN=CHCH=CHPh]Fe(CO)(3) (2) was obtained. Further treatment of 3-5 with Fe2(CO)9 in refluxing toluene eventually led to 2. A detailed study of the reaction of 3-5 with/without Fe2(CO)9 allowed us to establish an overall reaction sequence from 1 to 2. Reaction of the alkyl analogue MeCH=CHCH=NN= CHCH=CHMe (10) with Fe-2(CO)(9) yielded the two dinuclear compounds Fe(CO)(3)[MeCH= CHCH=NN=CHCH=CHMeFe(CO)(3) (11 and 11') or the two mononuclear compounds. Fe(CO)(3)[MeCH=CHCH=NN=CHR'-trans] (12) and Fe(CO)(3)[MeCH=CHCH=NN=CHR'] (13; R' = -CH=CHMe) and the dinuclear compound anti-Fe(CO)(3)[MeCH=CHCH=NN=CHCH=CHMe]Fe(CO)3 (14), respectively, depending upon the reaction conditions. Treatment of 2 with MeLi yielded the dimeric compound [PhCH=CHCH=NN=CHCH= CHPh](2)Fe-4(CO)(12) (16), containing four iron atoms, and treatment with MeLi followed by MeI afforded the dimethyl adduct Fe(CO)(3)[PhCH=CHCHMeN=NCHMeCH=CHPh]Fe(CO)(3) (17). The molecular structures of 3-5, 8, 11, 11', 14, and 16 were cofirmed by X-ray diffraction studies.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.