Synthesis of diastereomeric 1,4-diphosphine ligands bearing imidazolidin-2-one backbone and their application in Rh(I)-catalyzed asymmetric hydrogenation of functionalized olefins
Cited 14 times inCited 14 times in
- Synthesis of diastereomeric 1,4-diphosphine ligands bearing imidazolidin-2-one backbone and their application in Rh(I)-catalyzed asymmetric hydrogenation of functionalized olefins
- Zhang, YJ; Kim, KY; Park, JH; Song, CE; Lee, K; Lah, Myoung Soo; Lee, SG
- Asymmetric hydrogenation; Backbone chirality; Diphosphine ligands; Olefins; Rhodium
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED SYNTHESIS & CATALYSIS, v.347, no.4, pp.563 - 570
- The diastereomeric 1,4-diphosphine ligands, (S,S,S,S)-1a, (R,S,S,R)-1b and (R,S,S,S)-1c, with the imidazolidin-2-one backbone were synthesized, and utilized for an investigation of the effects of backbone chirality on the enantioselectivity in the Rh(I)-catalyzed hydrogenation of various functionalized olefinic substrates. It was found that the catalytic efficiencies are largely dependent on the configurations of the α-carbons to phosphine. Thus, the Rh complex of the pseudo-C2-symmetrical diphosphine, (R,S,S,S)-1c, showed excellent enantioselectivities (93.0-98.6% ees) in the hydrogenations of a broad spectrum of substrates, and especially in the hydrogenations of methyl α-(N-acetyamino)-β-arylacrylates (95.3-97.0% ees). However, the enantioselectivities obtained with the C 2-symmetrical (R,S,S,R)-1b were largely dependent on the substrate (19.8-97.3% ees). The Rh complex of ligand 1a having the (S,S,S,S)-configuration showed the lowest catalytic efficiency for all of the substrates examined (0-84.8% ees).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.