Solid-state structure and condensation reaction of (triphenylmethyl)silanetriol
Cited 10 times inCited 10 times in
- Solid-state structure and condensation reaction of (triphenylmethyl)silanetriol
- Kim, JH; Han, JS; Lee, ME; Moon, DH; Lah, Myoung Soo; Yoo, BR
- Silanetriol; Silanol; Siloxane; Silylation
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- JOURNAL OF ORGANOMETALLIC CHEMISTRY, v.690, no.5, pp.1372 - 1378
- (Triphenylmethyl)silanetriol [1, (Ph3C)Si(OH)3] was obtained in 98% yield by the hydrolysis of (triphenylmethyl)trichlorosilane with ice-water in diethyl ether. Single crystal of [1 • acetone] for X-ray crystallographic determination was grown from a saturated acetone solution. In the single crystal X-ray structure analysis, the silanetriol 1 crystallizes in the centrosymmetric triclinic space group with two independent molecules in the asymmetric unit. Two independent molecules of the silanetriols 1 interact with each other and with acetones by intermolecular hydrogen bondings. Such hydrogen-bonding interactions lead to a one-dimensional columnar polymeric tube. Finally, this tube interacts with others to make sheets alternating hydrophobic organic part and hydrophilic hydroxy groups of the molecules 1 and the oxygen of acetones arranged regularly. The silanetriol 1 is very stable compound in solution and in solid states at room temperature, but decomposed in the presence of KOH, and undergoes a condensation reaction with dicyclohexylcarbodiimide (DCC) as strong dehydrating agent to give polysiloxane. The silanetriol 1 reacts with trimethylchlorosilane to give three type siloxane products (Ph 3C)Si(OH)3-n(OSiMe3)n (n = 1, 2, 3). The number (n) of silylation of hydroxy groups on the silanetriol 1 increase with increasing the mol ratio of trimethylchlorosilane used.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.