Synthesis and characterization of mononuclear octahedral Fe(III) complex containing a biomimetic tripodal ligand, N-(benzimidazol-2-ylmethyl)iminodiacetic acid
Cited 3 times inCited 4 times in
- Synthesis and characterization of mononuclear octahedral Fe(III) complex containing a biomimetic tripodal ligand, N-(benzimidazol-2-ylmethyl)iminodiacetic acid
- Moon, Dohyun; Kim, Junghyun; Lah, Myoung Soo
- Biomimetic; Iron(III) complex; Superoxide dismutase; Tripodal tetradentate ligand
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.27, no.10, pp.1597 - 1600
- The mononuclear iron complex 1, Fe-III (Hbida)Cl(H2O), was synthesized using a tripodal tetradentate ligand, N-(benzimidazol-2-ylmethyl)iminodiacetic acid (H(3)bida), which has two carboxylate groups, one benzimidazoyl group, and one tertiary amine where it serves as a tetradentate chelating ligand for the octahedral Fe(III) ion. The four equatorial positions of the octahedral complex are occupied by two monodentate carboxylates, a benzimidazole nitrogen, and an oxygen of a water molecule. One of the axial positions is occupied by an apical nitrogen of the Hbida and the other by a chloride anion. The mononuclear octahedral complex 1 mimics the geometry of the key intermediate structure of the catalytic reaction cycle proposed for the FeSODs, which is a distorted octahedral geometry with three histidyl imidazoles, an aspartyl carboxylate, a superoxide anion, and a water molecule. The redox potential of complex 1, E-1/2 is -0.11V vs. Ag/AgCl (0.12 V vs. NHE), which is slightly lower than those reported for the most FeSODs. The magnetic susceptibility of complex 1 at room temperature is 5.83 mu(B) which is close to that of the spin only value, 5.92 mu(B) of high-spin d(5) Fe(III).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.