Architectural requirements for rapid development of agile manufacturing systems
Cited 6 times inCited 6 times in
- Architectural requirements for rapid development of agile manufacturing systems
- Jung, Mooyoung; Chung, MK; Cho, H
- Agile manufacturing; Control architecture; Functional architecture; Information
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- COMPUTERS & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, v.31, no.3-4, pp.551 - 554
- As product life cycle becomes shortened, high product quality becomes necessary for survival, and continuous and unexpected change becomes key obstacles in success, the need for a method of rapidly and cost-effectively developing products, production facilities and supporting software including design, process planning, shop floor control systems becomes urgent. The essence of this concept of manufacturing would be characterized by adopting a new term "agility". Agile manufacturing can be successfully accomplished using various well-defined system architecture. This paper provides a primary sketch of architectural requirements for rapid development of agile manufacturing systems. There are several aspects of system architecture : control, function, process, information, communication, distribution, development, and implementation. In the past, the confusion of those architectures prohibited the successful construction of the automated CIM systems.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.