r-FrMS: a relation-driven fractal organisation for distributed manufacturing systems
Cited 5 times inCited 7 times in
- r-FrMS: a relation-driven fractal organisation for distributed manufacturing systems
- Shin, M; Mun, J; Lee, K; Jung, Mooyoung
- Autonomous and intelligent resource (AIR) model; Distributed manufacturing system; Employment network; Fractal organisation; R-FrMS; Relation-driven organising
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH, v.47, no.7, pp.1791 - 1814
- Up-to-date market dynamics and decentralisation have brought about the need of flexible and robust organisational structures for manufacturing resources. To meet the need of such an environment, the manufacturing system should be equipped with an open, reconfigurable and scalable organisational structure. This paper proposes a novel organisational model, referred to as a relation-driven fractal organisation, to meet the requirements. The proposed model applies the concept of a fractal to its organisational structure and adopts a relational pattern between composing entities as a basic building block for organising. In this paper, the existing fractal-like systems involved in manufacturing systems are investigated, and the fractal organisation is derived as their super-ordinate concept. Then, r-FrMS, a relation-driven fractal organisation applied into distributed manufacturing systems, is proposed along with its organising mechanism which adopts employment relations between manufacturing resources as its organising principle.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.