Size tailoring of aqueous germanium nanoparticle dispersions
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Size tailoring of aqueous germanium nanoparticle dispersions
- Kim, Seongbeom; Walker, Bright; Park, Song Yi; Choi, Hyosung; Ko, Seo-Jin; Jeong, Jaeki; Yun, Myoung Hee; Lee, Jeong Chul; Kim, Dong Suk; Kim, Jin Young
- Chemical contamination; Germanium; Nanoparticles; Optoelectronic devices; Synthesis (chemical); Toxic materials
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- NANOSCALE, v.6, no.17, pp.10156 - 10160
- We demonstrate a practical route to synthesize Ge nanoparticles (NPs) in multi-gram quantities via the laser pyrolysis of GeH4 gas. The size of the as-produced Ge NPs can be precisely controlled in the range of 19.0 to 65.9 nm via a subsequent etching procedure using a dilute H2O 2 solution. Stable water dispersions of Ge NPs yield particles with a Ge/GeO2 core-shell structure, however, the oxide shell can easily be removed and passivated by treatment with HCl. The feed materials used in this process are readily available and lead to non-toxic, water-based dispersions of Ge NPs. The scalability and convenience of this procedure make it attractive as a method to obtain Ge NP dispersions for use in applications such as optoelectronic devices and biosensors.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.