Design of a compact disk-like microfluidic platform for enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay
Cited 228 times inCited 231 times in
- Design of a compact disk-like microfluidic platform for enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay
- Lai, S; Wang, SN; Luo, J; Lee, LJ; Yang, ST; Madou, Mark
- CAPILLARY ELECTROPHORESIS; MICROCHIP; IMMUNOASSAYS; THEOPHYLLINE
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY, v.76, no.7, pp.1832 - 1837
- This paper presents an integrated microfluidic device on a compact disk (CD) that performs an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for rat IgG from a hybridoma cell culture. Centrifugal and capillary forces were used to control the flow sequence of different solutions involved in the ELISA process. The microfluidic device was fabricated on a plastic CD. Each step of the ELISA process was carried out automatically by controlling the rotation speed of the CD. The work on analysis of rat IgG from hybridoma culture showed that the microchip-based ELISA has the same detection range as the conventional method on the 96-well microtiter plate but has advantages such as less reagent consumption and shorter assay time over the conventional method.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.