Three-dimensional porous copper-tin alloy electrodes for rechargeable lithium batteries
Cited 176 times inCited 160 times in
- Three-dimensional porous copper-tin alloy electrodes for rechargeable lithium batteries
- Shin, Heoncheol; Liu, Meilin
- LI-ION BATTERIES; X-RAY-DIFFRACTION; NEGATIVE ELECTRODES; INSERTION ELECTRODE; ANODES; ETA'-CU6SN5; COMPOSITES; ETA-CU6SN5; FILM
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS, v.15, no.4, pp.582 - 586
- Three-dimensional (3D) foam structure of a Cu 6Sn 5 alloy was fabricated via an electrochemical deposition process. The walls of the foam structure are highly porous and consist of numerous small grains. When used as a negative electrode for a rechargeable lithium battery, the Cu 6Sn 5 samples delivered a reversible capacity of about 400 mA hg -1 up to 30 cycles. Further, these materials exhibit superior rate capability, attributed primarily to the unique porous structure and the large surface area for fast mass transport and rapid surface reactions. For instance, at a current drain of 10 mA cm -2 (20C rate), the obtainable capacity (220 mA hg -1) was more than 50 % of the capacity at 0.5 mA cm -2 (1C rate).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.