PURIFICATION AND SOME PROPERTIES OF A PHOSPHOLIPASE-A2 FROM BOVINE PLATELETS
Cited 45 times inCited 13 times in
- PURIFICATION AND SOME PROPERTIES OF A PHOSPHOLIPASE-A2 FROM BOVINE PLATELETS
- KIM, DK; Suh, Pann-Ghill; RYU, SH
- SELECTIVE RELEASE; ACTIVATING FACTOR; RAT PLATELETS; CALCIUM-ION; THROMBIN; IDENTIFICATION; HYDROLYSIS; ACID
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS, v.174, no.1, pp.189 - 196
- An intracellular form of phospholipase A2 was purified about 47,500-fold to near homogeneity from bovine platelets 100,000 × g supernatant by sequential use of column chromatographies on Heparin-Sepharose, DEAE-Sephacel, Butyl-Toyopearl, Sephacryl S-300, DEAE-5PW HPLC, TSK G 3000 SW HPLC and Mono Q FPLC. The final preparation showed a single band on SDS-polyacrylamide gel, and its molecular mass was estimated to be approximately 100,000 daltons. The purified PLA2 showed maximal activity at alkaline pH(pH 9.0-10.0) and considerable activity at 0.3-1.0μM calcium concentration. It hydrolyzed phosphatidylcholine containing arachidonate at sn-2 position with high selectivity in comparison to linoleate.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.