Mind bomb-1 is essential for intraembryonic hematopoiesis in the aortic endothelium and the subaortic patches
Cited 29 times inCited 25 times in
- Mind bomb-1 is essential for intraembryonic hematopoiesis in the aortic endothelium and the subaortic patches
- Yoon, Mi-Jeong; Koo, Bon-Kyoung; Song, Ran; Jeong, Hyun-Woo; Shin, Juhee; Kim, Young-Woong; Kong, Young-Yun; Suh, Pann-Ghill
- GONAD-MESONEPHROS REGION; STEM-CELL DEVELOPMENT; DEFINITIVE HEMATOPOIESIS; MOUSE EMBRYO; NOTCH LIGAND; YOLK-SAC; UBIQUITIN LIGASE; BLOOD-CELLS; IN-VITRO; EXPRESSION
- Issue Date
- AMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR BIOLOGY, v.28, no.15, pp.4794 - 4804
- Intraembryonic hematopoiesis occurs at two different sites, the floor of the aorta and subaortic patches (SAPs) of the para-aortic splanchnopleura (P-Sp)/aorta-gonad-mesonephros (AGM) region. Notch1 and RBP-jκ are critical for the specification of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) in Notch signal-receiving cells. However, the mechanism by which Notch signaling is triggered from the Notch signal-sending cells to support embryonic hematopoiesis remains to be determined. We previously reported that Mind bomb-1 (Mib1) regulates Notch ligands in the Notch signal-sending cells (B. K. Koo, M. J. Yoon, K. J. Yoon, S. K. Im, Y. Y. Kim, C. H. Kim, P. G. Suh, Y. N. Jan, and Y. Y. Kong, PLoS ONE 2:e1221, 2007). Here, we show that intraembryonic hematopoietic progenitors were absent in the P-Sp of Mibl-/- embryos, whereas they were partly preserved in the Tie2-cre; Miblf/f P-Sps, suggesting that Mib1 plays a role in the endothelium and the SAPs. Interestingly, dill1 and dll4/Jag1 are expressed in the SAPs and the endothelium of the AGM, respectively, where mib1 is detected. Indeed, Notch signaling was activated in the nascent HSCs at both sites. In the P-Sp explant culture, the overexpression of Dill1 in OP9 stromal cells rescued the failed production of hematopoietic progenitors in the Mib1-/- P-Sp, while its activity was abolished by Mib1 knockdown. These results suggest that Mib1 is important for intraembryonic hematopoiesis not only in the aortic endothelium but also in the SAPs.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.