A 2D Layered Metal-Organic Framework Constructed by Using a Hexanuclear Manganese Metallamacrocycle as a Supramolecular Building Block
Cited 16 times inCited 14 times in
- A 2D Layered Metal-Organic Framework Constructed by Using a Hexanuclear Manganese Metallamacrocycle as a Supramolecular Building Block
- Choi, Jeungwook; Park, Jaejoon; Park, Mira; Moon, Dohyun; Lah, Myoung Soo
- Layered compounds; Macrocycles; Metal-organic frameworks; Metallacycles; Supramolecular chemistry
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v., no.35, pp.5465 - 5470
- The hexanuclear manganese metallamacrocycle [Mn(6)-(Haahz)(6)(dmso)(6)] (1) was prepared by using a new pentadentate ligand, N-acetylaminobenzhydrazide (H(4)aahz), and a manganese ion as primary building blocks in dimethyl sulfoxide (dmso). Under identical conditions but. in the presence of 1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethane (bpea) as an exo-bidentate linker in dimethylformamide (dmf), the 2D layered metal-organic framework (MOF) [Mn(6)(Haahz)(6)(bpea)(2)(dmf)(2)](n) (2) was obtained, where the hexam-1clear manganese metallamacrocycle served as a supramolecular building block. The network topology of 2, a 3-connected 4.8(2) topology, is quite different, from those of the MOFs obtained from a similar pentadentate ligand, N-acylsalicylhydrazide, although the same hexanuclear manganese metallamacrocycles were used as supra-molecular building blocks and bpea was used as the same linker ligand. Although the layers of 2 are staggered relative to each other, the network has quite a large solvent cavity between the layers, because of the corrugated nature of the layer.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.