Highly selective CO2 capture by S-doped microporous carbon materials
Cited 12 times inCited 5 times in
- Highly selective CO2 capture by S-doped microporous carbon materials
- Seema, Humaira; Kemp, K. Christian; Le, Nhien H.; Park, Sung-Woo; Chandra, Vimlesh; Lee, Jung Woo; Kim, Kwang S.
- Adsorption capacities; Adsorption selectivity; Micro-porous carbons; N-doped; S-doped; Surface area; Synthesized materials
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CARBON, v.66, no., pp.320 - 326
- S-doped microporous carbon materials were synthesized by the chemical activation of a reduced-graphene-oxide/poly-thiophene material. The material displayed a large CO2 adsorption capacity of 4.5 mmol g-1 at 298 K and 1 atm, as well as an impressive CO2 adsorption selectivity over N2, CH4 and H2. The material was shown to exhibit a stable recycling adsorption capacity of 4.0 mmol g -1. The synthesized material showed a maximum specific surface area of 1567 m2 g-1 and an optimal CO2 adsorption pore size of 0.6 nm. The microporosity, surface area and oxidized S content of the material were found to be the determining factors for CO2 adsorption. These properties show that the as synthesized S-doped microporous carbon material can be more effective than similarly prepared N-doped microporous carbons in CO2 capture.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.