A dodecanuclear metallamacrocycle having a multidentate bridging ligand in two different binding modes
Cited 9 times inCited 8 times in
- A dodecanuclear metallamacrocycle having a multidentate bridging ligand in two different binding modes
- Liu, Xinfang; Liu, Wenlong; Lee, Kyungjin; Park, Mira; Ri, Hyeong-Cheol; Kim, Ghyung Hwa; Lah, Myoung Soo
- CRYSTAL-STRUCTURE; MANGANESE METALLADIAZAMACROCYCLE; SUPRAMOLECULAR ISOMERISM; COORDINATION CHEMISTRY; STERIC CONTROL; COMPLEXES; HEXANUCLEAR; NUCLEARITY; 18-METALLACROWN-6; OCTANUCLEAR
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- DALTON TRANSACTIONS, v., no.46, pp.6579 - 6583
- The reaction of Mn(OAc)2·4H2O with 2,6-dimethoxybenzoylsalicylhydrazide (H3dmbshz) leads to a dodecanuclear manganese metallamacrocycle [Mn12(dmbshz) 12(EtOH)6], 1. The successive manganese centers are connected by the hydrazide N-N groups of the ligands in an alternating pentadentate binding mode, hexadentate binding mode. The alternation results in two alternating chelation modes around the metal centers, a tridentate- tridentate chelation mode and a bidentate-tridentate chelation mode. The metal ions in 1 are in a ⋯(AAΔBC AΛB)(AAΔBC AΛB)⋯ chiral sequence, the alternation of the chiralities expanding the cyclic ring system to a 36-membered dodecanuclear manganese metallamacrocyclic ring system with S6 point group symmetry.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.