Photoswitchable NHC-promoted ring-opening polymerizations
Cited 13 times inCited 11 times in
- Photoswitchable NHC-promoted ring-opening polymerizations
- Neilson, Bethany M.; Bielawski, Christopher W.
- N-HETEROCYCLIC CARBENES; TRANSFER RADICAL POLYMERIZATION; LIVING POLYMERIZATION; TRANSESTERIFICATION/ACYLATION REACTIONS; ZWITTERIONIC POLYMERIZATION; AMBIENT-TEMPERATURE; LIGHT; CATALYSTS; ORGANOCATALYSTS; ALCOHOLS
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS, v.49, no.48, pp.5453 - 5455
- The UV-induced photocyclization of a dithienylethene-annulated N-heterocyclic carbene precatalyst enabled photoswitchable ring-opening polymerizations of epsilon-caprolactone and delta-valerolactone. The polymerizations proceeded efficiently in ambient light, however UV irradiation attenuated the reaction rate (k(amb)/kUV = 59). Subsequent visible light exposure reversed the photocyclization and restored catalytic activity.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.