Combined Scanning Tunneling Microscopy and High-Resolution Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy Study on the Adsorption State of CO on Ag(001)
Cited 2 times inCited 1 times in
- Combined Scanning Tunneling Microscopy and High-Resolution Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy Study on the Adsorption State of CO on Ag(001)
- Arafune, Ryuichi; Shin, Hyung-Joon; Jung, Jaehoon; Minamitani, Emi; Takagi, Noriaki; Kim, Yousoo; Kawai, Maki
- Adsorption site; Adsorption state; Atop sites; CO molecule; Gasphase; High resolution electron energy loss spectroscopy; Inelastic electron tunneling spectroscopy; Scanning tunneling microscopes; Stretching modes; Vibrational energies
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- LANGMUIR, v.28, no.37, pp.13249 - 13252
- The adsorption site and vibrational energies of CO on a clean Ag(001) surface were determined using scanning tunneling microscopy, inelastic electron tunneling spectroscopy with a scanning tunneling microscope, and high-resolution electron energy loss spectroscopy. The CO molecules were found to adsorb on the atop site of the Ag(001) surface, which was similar to their adsorption on the Cu(001) surface. The vibrational energy of the CO internal stretching mode was found to be 263 meV, which is only 3 meV less than that of CO in the gas phase. This result indicates that the CO molecules chemisorb very weakly on the Ag(001) surface.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.