Numerical solution for elliptic interface problems using spectral element collocation method
Cited 0 times inCited 1 times in
- Numerical solution for elliptic interface problems using spectral element collocation method
- Hessari, Peyman; Kim, Sang Dong; Shin, Byeong-Chun
- DISCONTINUOUS COEFFICIENTS; FORMULATION; SCHEMES
- Issue Date
- HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION
- ABSTRACT AND APPLIED ANALYSIS, v.2014, no., pp.780769 -
- The aim of this paper is to solve an elliptic interface problem with a discontinuous coefficient and a singular source term by the spectral collocation method. First, we develop an algorithm for the elliptic interface problem defined in a rectangular domain with a line interface. By using the Gordon-Hall transformation, we generalize it to a domain with a curve boundary and a curve interface. The spectral element collocation method is then employed to complex geometries; that is, we decompose the domain into some nonoverlaping subdomains and the spectral collocation solution is sought in each subdomain. We give some numerical experiments to show efficiency of our algorithm and its spectral convergence.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.