A universal characterization of nonlinear self-oscillation and chaos in various particle-wave-wall interactions
Cited 9 times inCited 8 times in
- A universal characterization of nonlinear self-oscillation and chaos in various particle-wave-wall interactions
- Lee, HJ; Lee, JK; Hur, Min Sup; Yang, Y
- BEAM-PLASMA INSTABILITY; PIERCE-DIODE; EXTERNAL-CIRCUIT; SIMULATION; DISCHARGES; BEHAVIOR; PULSES
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.72, no.12, pp.1445 - 1447
- The comprehensive parameter space of self-oscillation and its period-doubling route to chaos are shown for bounded beam-plasma systems. In this parametrization, it is helpful to use a potentially universal parameter in close analogy with free-electron-laser chaos. A common parameter, which is related to the velocity slippage and the ratio of bounce to oscillation frequencies, is shown to have similar significance for different physical systems. This single parameter replaces the dependences on many input parameters, thus suitable for a simplifying and diagnostic measure of nonlinear dynamical and chaotic phenomena for various systems of particle-wave interactions. The results of independent kinetic simulations verify those of nonlinear fluid simulations.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.