Substrate-free gas-phase synthesis of graphene sheets
Cited 311 times inCited 277 times in
- Substrate-free gas-phase synthesis of graphene sheets
- Dato, Albert; Radmilovic, Velimir; Lee, Zonghoon; Phillips, Jonathan; Frenklach, Michael
- Argon plasmas; Electron energy loss; Ethanol droplets; Gas-phase; Graphene; Graphene sheets; Large-scale synthesis; Microwave plasma reactors; Novel methods; Substrate-free
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.8, no.7, pp.2012 - 2016
- We present a novel method for synthesizing graphene sheets in the gas phase using a substrate-free, atmospheric-pressure microwave plasma reactor. Graphene sheets were synthesized by passing liquid ethanol droplets into an argon plasma. The graphene sheets were characterized by transmission electron microscopy, electron energy loss spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, and electron diffraction. We prove that graphene can be created without three-dimensional materials or substrates and demonstrate a possible avenue to the large-scale synthesis of graphene.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.