Kaon condensation in neutron stars with Skyrme-Hartree-Fock models
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Kaon condensation in neutron stars with Skyrme-Hartree-Fock models
- Lim, Yeunhwan; Kwak, Kyujin; Hyun, Chang Ho; Lee, Chang-Hwan
- EQUATION-OF-STATE; MATTER; NUCLEON; RADII
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW C, v.89, no.5, pp.1 - 8
- We investigate nuclear-matter equations of state in neutron stars with kaon condensation. It is generally known that the existence of kaons in neutron star makes the equation of state soft so that the maximum mass of a neutron star is not likely to be greater than 2.0M, the maximum mass constrained by current observations. With existing Skyrme force model parameters, we calculate nuclear equations of state and check the possibility of kaon condensation in the core of neutron stars. The results show that, even with the kaon condensation, the nuclear equation of state satisfies both the maximum mass and the allowed ranges of mass and radius.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.