Study of microstructure and magnetic properties of optimally annealed R/Q Nd4.5Fe77B18.5 alloy
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Study of microstructure and magnetic properties of optimally annealed R/Q Nd4.5Fe77B18.5 alloy
- Ćosović, V; Talijan, N; Grujić A.; Stajić,Trošić J.; Živković, D.; Lee, Zonghoon; Radmilović V.
- nanocomposite Nd-Fe-B alloys; exchange coupling; phase composition; crystal grain size; magnetic properties
- Issue Date
- CROATIAN METALLURGICAL SOC
- METALURGIJA, v.1, no.15, pp.39 - 44
- The rapid-quenched (R/Q) and subsequently optimally annealed Nd-Fe-B alloy with 12 wt% Nd was characterized using the X-Ray diffractometry (XRD), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), high resolution transmission electron microscopy (HREM) and superconducting quantum interference device (SQUID) magnetometer. It was found that microstructure of the investigated alloy mainly consist of Fe3B, Nd2Fe14B phases and minor content of α-Fe phase, with mean crystal grain sizes being below 30 nm. The ferromagnetic exchange coupling between the grains of identified hard and soft magnetic phases has direct influence on the magnetic properties as it is illustrated by SQUID hysteresis loop. Correlation of the measured magnetic properties with results of microstructure analysis indicates that the investigated rapid-quenched Nd-Fe-B alloy has the nanocomposite structure in optimal magnetic state.
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.