Effects of surface ligands on the charge memory characteristics of CdSe/ZnS nanocrystals in TiO2 thin film
Cited 4 times inCited 3 times in
- Effects of surface ligands on the charge memory characteristics of CdSe/ZnS nanocrystals in TiO2 thin film
- Kang, Seung-Hee; Kumar, Ch. Kiran; Lee, Zonghoon; Radmilovic, Velimir; Kim, Eui-Tae
- cadmium compounds; charge injection; colloids; electron affinity; II-VI semiconductors; nanostructured materials; semiconductor quantum dots; titanium compounds; wide band gap semiconductors; zinc compounds
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.95, no.18, pp.1 - 3
- harge memory characteristics have been systematically studied based on colloidal CdSe/ZnS nanocrystal quantum dots (QDs) embedded in similar to 50 nm-thick TiO2 film. Ligand-capped QDs showed negligible electron charging effect, implying that the electron affinity of QDs was significantly decreased by surface dipole layer surrounding QDs. In contrast, the hole charging was affected by the carrier injection blocking effect of the surface ligands. Efficient electron and hole charging characteristics were realized by removing the surface ligands via H-2 plasma treatment.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.