Aqueous-Solution Route to Zinc Telluride Films for Application to CO2 Reduction
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Aqueous-Solution Route to Zinc Telluride Films for Application to CO2 Reduction
- Jang, Ji-Wook; Cho, Seungho; Magesh, Ganesan; Jang, Youn Jeong; Kim, Jae Young; Kim, Won Yong; Seo, Jeong Kon; Kim, Sungjee; Lee, Kun-Hong; Lee, Jae Sung
- artificial photosynthesis; photocathodes; solution synthesis; zinc telluride
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.53, no.23, pp.5852 - 5857
- As a photocathode for CO2 reduction, zinc-blende zinc telluride (ZnTe) was directly formed on a Zn/ZnO nanowire substrate by a simple dissolution-recrystallization mechanism without any surfactant. With the most negative conduction-band edge among p-type semiconductors, this new photocatalyst showed efficient and stable CO formation in photoelectrochemical CO2 reduction at -0.2 - 0.7 V versus RHE without a sacrificial reagent. High performance without sacrifice: Zinc-blende zinc telluride (ZnTe) was directly formed on a Zn/ZnO-nanowire substrate by a simple dissolution-recrystallization mechanism without a surfactant. The ZnTe electrode was applied as a photocathode for CO2 reduction (see picture) and showed efficient and stable CO formation at -0.2 - 0.7 V versus the reversible hydrogen electrode (RHE) without a sacrificial reagent.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UCRF_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.