Simple and fast fabrication of a-Si:H/c-Si hetero-junction solar cells by dual-chamber hot wire chemical vapor deposition
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Simple and fast fabrication of a-Si:H/c-Si hetero-junction solar cells by dual-chamber hot wire chemical vapor deposition
- Jeong, Dae Young; Kim, Kyungmin; Song, Hee-eun; Song, Jinsoo; Baik, Seung Jae; Lee, Jeong Chul
- Heterojunction solar cell; Dual chamber; Amorphous Si
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- RENEWABLE ENERGY, v.68, no., pp.397 - 402
- One of the fabrication issues in hetero-junction crystalline Si solar cells is the overhead time between the deposition steps of the top and bottom surfaces, because flipping of the progressing wafer is necessary to process the both sides of the wafer. To reduce the overall processing time by reducing the overhead time, we propose a dual-chamber deposition system, where thin films on the top and bottom surfaces of the Si wafer are simultaneously deposited. We have evaluated the proposed deposition system by demonstrating fabricated hetero-junction crystalline Si solar cells, which were compared with solar cells fabricated by a conventional plasma-enhanced chemical deposition system. We have obtained the power conversion efficiency of 15.5% from solar cells fabricated by our dual-chamber system; and additional analyses confirmed that the proposed dual-chamber system is, in principle, competitive with conventional systems in terms of the fabricated solar cell performance. This novel concept for the fabrication of a hetero-junction crystalline Si solar cell is expected to lay an important foundation in the future thin film crystalline Si based photovoltaic industry.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.