Direct carbon-black coating on LiCoO2 cathode using surfactant for high-density Li-ion cell
Cited 40 times inCited 37 times in
- Direct carbon-black coating on LiCoO2 cathode using surfactant for high-density Li-ion cell
- Kim, Jisuk; Kim, Byoungsoo; Lee, Joon-Gon; Cho, Jaephil; Park, Byungwoo
- Capacity; Carbon-black coating; Density; Lithium cobalt oxide; Lithium-ion battery; Surfactant
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.139, no.1-2, pp.289 - 294
- Direct carbon-black coating of the cathode material using a surfactant increases the capacity of a Li-ion cell by similar to10% compared with using bare LiCoO2. The coating method comprises two steps: (i) dispersion of aggregated carbon black using orotano(R)-a polyacrylate dispersant; (ii) carbon-black coating of the cathode material using a gelatin-an amphoteric surfactant. This technology reduces the carbon content in the electrode without sacrificing the cycle-life performance of the cell, and also improves the rate capability of the Li-ion cell. Moreover, the direct carbon-black-coated cathode exhibits excellent capacity recovery and restricted expansion of the cell thickness compared with a bare cathode during storage at 85 degreesC.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.