Washing effect of a LiNi0.83Co0.15Al0.02O2 cathode in water
Cited 29 times inCited 23 times in
- Washing effect of a LiNi0.83Co0.15Al0.02O2 cathode in water
- Kim, Jisuk; Hong, Youngsik; Ryu, Kwang Sun; Kim, Min Gyu; Cho, Jaephil
- Absorption; Atmospheric humidity; Cobalt; Degradation; Elementary particles; Impurities; Lithium batteries; Moisture; Swelling
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ELECTROCHEMICAL AND SOLID STATE LETTERS, v.9, no.1, pp.A19 - A23
- The formation of LiOH and Li2CO3 impurities on high Ni content LiNi0.83Co0.15Al0.02O2 powders due to H2O and CO2 absorption from the air can be reduced without structural degradation by washing in water. Although the as-synthesized sample had a moisture content of 570 ppm immediately after firing, this level increased rapidly to 1270 ppm in air with a relative humidity of 50%. However, its content was decreased to 210 ppm after washing twice in water, followed by heat-treatment at 700°C. It is believed that this improvement was due to the decreased level of Li2CO3 and LiOH impurities on the particles. This was highlighted by the decreasing swelling of the Li-ion cell at 90°C, and the thickness of the cell containing the washed samples was decreased by 50% compared with the bare sample.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.